Learning Programme Volunteer
Learning Programme Volunteer
At the core of MoLI’s vision is the desire to bring visitors on an inspiring journey through Irish writing and to engage children of all abilities to explore their creative potential, with a focus on imaginative development, aesthetic observation, curiosity and creative play.
At MoLI, we offer a choice of 3 workshops for primary and secondary schools to freely participate in.
All programmes are embedded to elements of the school curriculum, are linked to our exhibitions and gardens and are developed with different learning styles in mind.
Our school programmes have been devised in collaboration with young people, educators and partner schools, and will be facilitated by our Learning Manager. We are seeking enthusiastic, dynamic individuals to help deliver this free Learning Programme to schools.
Learning Programme Volunteers will support us during our weekday workshops, which will happen 3 times a week with primary and secondary school students, with occasional evening and weekend programmes.
Questions you might ask yourself
- Are you passionate about storytelling?
- Do you enjoy working in a creative environment with individuals and groups?
- Are you a warm and friendly individual with a passion for culture, creativity and communication?
- Are you a good listener with a willingness to work with all young people?
- Are you a great team player, with an ability to work towards a common goal of creating a fun, engaging and rewarding environment for all young people and teachers that access MoLI?
- Can you assist us in bringing young people’s stories to life in a creative way, up on the 3rd floor of MoLI, overlooking the magical Iveagh gardens?
Well then we want to hear from you!
What kind of people volunteer at MoLI?
Everyone! Our school workshops at MoLI are free, and can only be offered to schools if we have a dynamic, creative, and dedicated team of volunteers. You don’t need to be a writer or a teacher to be a MoLI volunteer and no previous experience is necessary.
What is involved when I sign up?
We will train and facilitate learning room volunteers in how to support in the delivery of workshops in line with our Child Protection and Welfare Policy and MoLI’s Positive Behaviour Policy.
Learning Volunteers will also need to be vetted by the National Vetting Bureau.
How often will you need me?
Initially, we are looking for volunteers who can commit to one morning per week for 3 hours. Our workshops will last for 1.5 – 2 hours, with prep beforehand and debrief after the session.
What are the benefits of being a MoLI Volunteer?
- Free access to the museum’s exhibitions at any reasonable time during their volunteering agreement
- 20% discount in the MoLI shop
- 10% discount in the museum café
- Free use of MoLI’s Members’ Library
- Access to the museum’s staff and volunteer library
- Opportunity to take advantage of unsold free tickets to events on the public programme.
- Invitation to MoLI’s annual volunteer garden party and other social events throughout the year
How do I apply?
You can apply to volunteer at MoLI online.
Who can I speak to about this role?
For information on volunteering with the learning programme contact:
Jennie Ryan, Learning Manager