Visitor Experience Volunteer
Visitor Experience Volunteer
Visitor Experience Volunteers ensure our visitors have an enjoyable visit from warm welcome to a fond farewell. Here at MoLI we are seeking enthusiastic individuals to help us create an exceptional experience for all our visitors.
Questions you might ask yourself
- Are you passionate about storytelling, writing, reading or creativity?
- Do you have an interest in Irish literature and bringing it to life for a global audience?
- Are you a great team player willing to work with a large team of staff and volunteers to create a wonderful environment for visitors?
- Are you a warm and friendly individual with an exceptional approach to customer service?
- Are you a good listener who is confident, approachable and eager to meet visitors from all over the world, of different ages and backgrounds?
- Can you assist us in bringing the story of Irish writing to life, over four floors that overlook St Stephen’s Green and the magical Iveagh gardens?
Well then we want to hear from you!
What kind of people volunteer at MoLI?
All sorts of people volunteer at MoLI. You do not need to be a writer (or even conquered reading Ulysses), but an interest in Irish writing will help. Our volunteers love to work with people, listen carefully to what our visitors need and are always happy to help.
We especially welcome applications to volunteer from individuals with a connection to Newman House or UCD, but this is not essential.
Full training will be provided.
What is involved when I sign up?
Visitor Experience Volunteers move between different positions around the museum.
Our volunteers are often the first members of the MoLI team our visitors will meet. Positioned in the entry areas you will enthusiastically welcome all kinds of visitors to the museum – including groups, schools, families and guests of the museum. You will help our visitors plan their visit, directing them to the ticket desk or any facilities they may need.
Volunteers will spend part of their shift inside the museum exhibition. Here you will be able to share your stories about Irish writing and the city of Dublin. You will help visitors find their way around the exhibition, pointing out aspects that may be of particular interest to them.
All our volunteers will get to know the museum, its events and exhibitions as well as the local areas so you are able to answer our visitors’ questions.
How often will you need me?
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to one day per week for either a half day or full day:
Mornings 9.30am – 1:30pm
Afternoons 1.30pm – 5:30pm
Full Day 9.30am – 5:30pm
What are the benefits of being a MoLI Volunteer?
- Free access to the museum’s exhibitions at any reasonable time during their volunteering agreement
- 20% discount in the MoLI shop
- 10% discount in the museum café
- Free use of MoLI’s Dedalus Library
- Access to the museum’s staff and volunteer library
- Opportunity to take advantage of unsold free tickets to events on the public programme.
- Invitation to MoLI’s annual volunteer garden party and other social events throughout the year
How can I find out more?
If you are interested in volunteering at MoLI and would like more information, you can attend one of our Volunteer Open Days. Please sign up to our newsletter to hear about Volunteer Open Day announcements.
How do I apply?
You can apply to volunteer at MoLI online or at one of our upcoming Volunteer Open Days.
Who can I speak to about this role?
For information on volunteering with the Visitor Experience Team contact:
Visitor Experience Manager