MoLI in the Classroom
MoLI in the Classroom
We are thrilled to bring MoLI in the Classroom, in partnership with AerCap, directly into schools around Ireland. MoLI in the Classroom is a free, interactive, virtual, 40 to 50-minute workshop for 3rd to 6th class primary school students from across Ireland. It takes place over Zoom and is delivered directly into your classroom. Our aim is to make the workshops fun and stimulating for all children, whatever their abilities.
All students need to participate is paper, pen/pencil and some colouring pencils, crayons or markers. Students can write, draw or doodle their responses according to their learning style. Students will see and hear all about the museum and will get to watch a special behind-the-scenes TikTok video. They will be encouraged to explore their own creativity through a range of individual and group work, fun word and drama games and creative writing exercises. Teachers will not need to cover any topics in advance. After the online workshop, teachers can continue to encourage creativity in the classroom with our engaging follow-on activities, which include an opportunity to win a writer visit to your school and an iPad.
- Workshops are free and teachers can book online with our live calendar.
- Time slots are available on Thursdays during the school term at 9.30am, 10.45am, 12pm and 1.15pm.
- Teachers are asked to attend the workshop with the class; teachers, you will be our eyes and ears during the workshop and we thank you in advance for your help!
- We encourage you to check your technology/internet connection is stable before we arrive into the classroom. Teachers need a microphone and video so that we can see and hear the class.
- We facilitate one class per workshop.
- We want to share our creativity club with schools across Ireland, with this in mind, schools can book a maximum of two workshops per school year.
- There will be two MoLI learning facilitators on Zoom who are trained in Child Protection Safeguarding and are Garda vetted. MoLI’s Child Safeguarding Statement is viewable here and our Online Safeguarding Statement here.
- We ask that teachers please gain permission from necessary parties (parents, principal) before you book. If for any reason you need to cancel your booked workshop please contact us as soon as possible at [email protected].
We can’t wait to share our very special museum with you!